Blue Lightning FAQ’s
How do I get connected with Blue Lightning Broadband Internet?
- Call or email us to see if you have a fiber drop on your property.
- If you already have a drop, then you can get connected by completing an Application for Service.
- If you are unsure if you have a drop, one of our technicians will complete a site survey to confirm fiber connectivity to your property. From there they will provide you with your options to get connected!
I have a shop/garage on my property; can I have a connection to it as well?
- Yes, you can!
- When it’s time to sign up, indicate on your Application for Service that you have an additional structure and we will complete an Off-Premise Extension (OPX) during the install.
- You will need to purchase an additional router from Blue Lightning for the secondary location.
OPX’s only cost an additional $10/mo and you get the same high-speed capabilities in both places!
I only live in the area for 3-6 months; do you have seasonal pricing?
We currently offer two options for seasonal pricing:
- Pay $198 upfront installation fee for service and become a month-to-month customer;
- Pay no installation fee and sign a 24-month contract. However, this contract would not have to be satisfied in consecutive usage; for example, it may take you 4 years to use 24 months’ worth of service.
Both options are subject to a $25 reconnect fee.
I currently have unlimited long distance; will you offer something similar?
- We currently offer unlimited long distance packages that you can add to our Starter, Basic and Classic packages on a la carte basis.
- Additionally, you can enjoy long distance packages included with our Premium, Supreme, and Elite packages.
Can I keep my current phone number?
- Yes, you can keep your number!
- When you make the switch to Blue Lightning, you CANNOT disconnect your current phone service.
- Tell us that you want to keep your number and we will contact your current provider to get your number ported to our service. After your number is ported to Blue Lightning, your old service will be disconnected.